Feel Overwhelmed Most Days
Exhausted At The End Of The Day
Looking Back At Your Day Or Weeks You Don’t Feel Like You Are Accomplishing A Lot
You Rarely Hit Your Goals
Desire More Time For Family, Netflix (no judgement,) Hobbies, Traveling, Etc
You’re at the right place.
This Isn’t For You If…
You Love 12 Hour Days
You Got This… You’re Suppose To Work A Lot… Your A Start-Up
You Don’t Care To Expand & Grow Your Business
You Are Too Busy Working…
“Taking Chaos Out Of Your Life”
Productivity Hack Number 1- Goal Setting
If you know me, know me at all, I talk about setting goals like it is a second religion. It was the biggest lesson I learned as an entrepreneur that has the highest return. So I am a little obsessive about it. (If you want the low down on setting productive goals click here!)
As a seasoned business professional, new business owner or a grand thinker of launching your brand… you need defined goals and direction. Otherwise you will be floundering like a fish out of water.
Let’s start off with… what exactly goes into a goal?
A Goal Aligns With Your Brand Strategy & The Direction Of Your Business
Breaking Your Goals Down Into Mini Tasks
The Dollar Amount That Goal Will Bring Into Your Business
How Is This Goal Going To Positively Impact Your Life/Business?
Now that you had laid out your goals, you know what you need to do to accomplish them. Let’s get into Productivity Hack number 2 to get your time back.
“I’m Coming For You Netflix”
Productivity Hack Number 2- Time Management
Have you ever gotten up in the morning and checked Facebook? Jumped onto Pinterest to grab a quick recipe for dinner?
You then realized that 20-30 minute have passed?!?! 20-30 minutes your NOT getting back in your day??
Don’t worry… we have all been there!
These are what I call Time Wasters. They literally waste your day away. By eliminating these time time wasters you are going to shed hours off your week! Well, Hello there half day Friday!
So…what are the major time wasters?
Notifications That Come Through On Your Phone
Email Notifications On Your Desktop
Answering The Same Questions Over & Over
1. Close out your email when you are working on your computer. Only check your email at specific times. If you are thinking, “there is no way.” Yes… Yes there is… trust me. Let your customers, friends, loved ones know when you will be checking your email. Use the signature line to let people know what times you check emails. “I promise I’ll get back to you… I check emails at 8am, 12pm and 4pm” If it is an emergency, they will know to call you.
2. Create “canned” messages for frequently asked questions. This way you can copy, paste and send it out. Instead of taking 10-15 minutes to write out a response. Creating a page of “Frequently Asked Questions” is also useful. You can immediately direct people to that page with an auto response.
3. Create large blocks of time to solely work on specific projects. You will be amazed at what you can complete when you have long periods of dedicated time to specific task.
4. Plan your day the night before, to ensure that you are able to get right to work. Sitting around trying to “figure your day out” is a lot of wasted time.
5. Prioritize your day with urgent, high producing tasks first. Work other projects into your day.
6. Actionable Task- Writing down your tasks for the day with actionable items. Blocking two hours of your day labeled “taxes.” What the heck does that really mean anyway? Instead block 2 hours with action verb tasks. “Prepare Monthly Expenditures & Profit Revenue For Accountant.” You can sit down and start to quickly work on the task and get it done! This is a small task to the ultimate goal of “getting your taxes in on time.”
Productivity Hack No. 3- Outsourcing
This is my favorite and this my friend, made a huge difference in the quality of my life.
Let me divulge something to you… I literally hate going to the grocery store. It is right up there with accounting for me! I don’t enjoy it… I don’t mind cooking but going to the grocery store. No thank you!
This is one thing that I outsource. I use Instacart (I’m in Atlanta) and schedule out when my groceries will arrive at my house. This not only saves me time but it improves the quality of my life. I would rather have 45 minutes to be outside walking my dog or working on a project than grocery shopping.
I outsource several things in my personal life to free up time and increase my likelihood of staying sane!
Here are a few examples of tasks you can start outsourcing today:
Washing The Dog
If you bill out at $80 an hour and your house cleaner is $40 an hour, you are profiting $40 an hour and coming home to a clean home!
Looking at your business, what can you outsource that are low dollar revenue items that can free up time? Or it would be better off with a professional?
Social Media Management
Backend Website Changes
Creating fillable PDF’s/Worksheets
Looking at your business and documenting how much time a task takes you to complete. Analyzing which ones to outsource that are weighing your schedule down. Will be key to expanding and growing your business.
“Profitable & Time Saving”
Productivity Hack No 4- Grouping
Let’s talk about grouping and how this is going to shed hours off your workweek. Hello Happy Hour.
Preparing Slides/Graphics For Videos
Pulling Graphics For Multiple Blogs/Social Media Content
I block two hours out of my day early Tuesday mornings. I batch all the graphics I need for my video slides. I then use my outline for the video from a previous 2 hour block and I put together the slides. In 2 hours I can get 2 slide shows completed, sometimes 3. Depending on how much coffee I had that morning!
I have weekly theme’s for social media so it is easy for me to pull together content. On Mondays, I already have the graphics for social media that I pulled last Tuesday, so all I have to do is design the post in Canva (45 minutes.) Write post content and schedule out for the entire week (45 minutes.) I am TRYING to get on a monthly basis, 2018 goal!
If I had to get up every morning and create a new graphic, write the content and post for Social Media. I would fail. I know because I have been there, done that, failed. This would take me 30-45 minutes every single morning to do… I now have 2 hours back in my week just by grouping my Social Media into one morning!
These are pretty simple but life changing.
By implementing just a few of these Productivity Hacks you will have more free time, a manageable schedule and ultimately see more profits!
These hacks are easy and simple. After a few weeks, your going to be so glad that you made a commitment to yourself to have profitable days! Blocking out large chunks of time, having actionable task to complete your big goals, and getting rid of those pesky time wasters… this is going to be life changing. I promise! I am a walking testimony.
I want to hear from you, let me know what Productivity Hack made the largest difference in your life?'I Am Sharing With You 4 Productivity Hacks That Will Positively Impact Your Time, Profits, Sanity and Quality Of Life.'Click To Tweet